Urgent Need Rental Assistance Program
Assistance may pay up to three months rent. Contact JCC Housing to learn more about the requirements of this program and find out if you qualify.
Eviction Prevention Program
Because many health problems can be connected to housing, especially during the current pandemic, the Williamsburg Health Foundation has provided funding to assist JCC residents who are unable to pay rent.
JCC Housing hosts monthly workshops on a variety of topics related to financial health and housing. Take a look at our Educational Programs page to learn more about coming classes.
The Housing Office is Open by Appointment
The lobby of the Housing Office is available to submit and pick-up paperwork or to discuss your needs with Housing staff. Those exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or recently exposed to a sick person will not be allowed into the building.
Paperwork may be submitted to the Housing Office by mail, email, fax or left in the drop box on the front of the building. Most appointments can be made by phone or video conference.
If you need immediate housing assistance please call 757-259-5340.
- Overview of National Eviction Moratorium (PDF)
- National Eviction Moratorium FAQ for Renters (PDF)
- Do you have emergency needs?
- Do you need help paying your rent? Virginia is administering relief for renters experiencing a negative financial impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic through the Virginia Rent Relief Program (RRP). Through the state program, you can apply (or your landlord can apply on your behalf) to receive funds to pay delinquent rent arrear payments back to April 1, 2020, and up to three months of payments into the future to maintain housing stability. The total payments may not exceed a total of 15 months of rental assistance per household.
- Eviction Ban Notice from CDC The eviction ban has been extended to June 30, 2021. In order to qualify for this ban you must be financially impacted by the pandemic and submit the declaration form below to your landlord.
- Landlords with Tenants Unable to Pay Rent Virginia Housing is administering a program that can help pay rent on behalf of your tenants.
- Required Declaration Form for CDC Eviction Ban The eviction ban has been extended to July 31, 2021. In order to qualify for this ban you must be financially impacted by the pandemic and submit the declaration form below to your landlord.
- Urgent Need Rental Assistance Program (PDF)
About the Housing Office
The Housing Unit is charged with addressing affordable housing needs and works closely with federal, state, other local agencies, community organizations and the private sector to offer a wide range of housing assistance services to low- and moderate-income County residents.